Friday, March 13, 2009

Can You pour Your Spirit out on ignorance?

This morning after I dropped Steve off at work, I drove back here to the office at HHBC. It was 7:35. I had 25 minutes before I was supposed to go in to work. So I decided to read my Bible and spend some time praying. ( This is not every easy for me to do because of all the commotion that is going on around me. WAY too many distractions)

Something caught my attention though. As I was looking out of my jeep window, I glanced up at our WC and immediately prayed, "Lord, can you pour your Spirit out on ignorance?" I have asked this many times but never get a reply....usually because I'm complaining and not really being sincere. But I meant it this time. I really wanted to know if He would pour His Spirit out on people that do not even want it. Or that just flat out deny that He pours out on people. But the very instant that prayer left my mouth He reminded me of Numbers chapter 11. So I turned there and read it.

I had not read this in a while, and even when I had read it before, I didn't see this. These Elders were complaining and whining to God. Actually, most of the Israelites were. They were tired of the manna that miraculously fell from heaven. They wanted meat! And the Lord punished them for it....it says in vs.33-34 that "But while the meat was still between their teeth and before it could be consumed, the anger of the LORD burned against the people, and he struck them with a severe plague. Therefore the place was named Kibroth Hattaavah, because there they buried the people who had craved other food.".After all that God had done for them they still longed for their old life as slaves in Egypt!! But He called all the Elders to come and He poured His Spirit out on them so that they began to prophesy. And even two old dudes that didn't even meet with them couldn't hide from the Spirit. They began to prophesy in the camp where they were at! Amazing!!

So Yes, the Lord can and will pour His Spirit out on people who are not even expecting it! Praise God!! Holy Spirit, pour out on me and this church and hold NOTHING back!!


~NaT~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that's a fantastic revelation; simply because there are so many times when I am ignorant, or maybe just in rebellion, and God still pours His Spirit out on me and my children. Thank goodness He protects me even in my times of idioticness (is that a word?).

BTW, I found your blog through Christina Davis...I was bored and searching for a good read. Thanks!