Saturday, January 21, 2012

Homemade Baby Food


  Jacob started rice cereal 3 weeks ago. He was born ready to eat that.  He acted like he had been eating it for days. I couldn't put it in his mouth fast enough. Good thing. :)
  He started on veggies this week. Monday-Wednesday he had carrots for lunch with his cereal. Thursday and Friday he had butternut squash. So far so good.
  I spent most of the afternoon and evening making baby food. It is ridiculous how much organic baby food cost, so I'm making my own. I bought organic carrots, butternut squash and acorn squash to make baby food. After I steamed them separately in a steamer basket, I blended them in my food processor with a little water. I then poured most of it in ice trays to freeze. Each cube is approximately 2 Tbs. It is so much cheaper that way! Next I will be green beans and some peas. Then in a few weeks we will have some fruit.
  The last couple of days he has been on a 3 1/2 hr schedule. That is going much better than 3. He has a better appetite. But I think that it's time to move to 4hrs. He just isn't that interested in eating. I know he can go that long because he did it twice last Sunday.

       

No comments: